Since 2012, students from Faculdades de Campinas – FACAMP have engaged in the world of modeling. Even with a relatively recent involvement with international simulations, since the beginning, FACAMP students have stood out because of their strong commitment, preparation and performance.
In the last two years, FACAMP has sent delegations to ten models (until April 2014), to cities such as Belo Horizonte, Brasília, Porto Alegre and Rio de Janeiro, and even abroad, to the United States and Canada. In these occasions, FACAMP students have been honored with 3 awards for Best Delegation; 10 awards for Best Delegate; 8 Honorable Mentions; 2 Best Cultural Stands; 2 Best Nations’ Fair participation; and 2 indicated students to represent Brazil in the G20 2013 Summit, in Russia. These awards are the result of the commitment and the quality of FACAMP professors and students.
In 2013, the high academic standards practiced at FACAMP inspired the creation of FACAMP Model United Nations (FAMUN). Since they started simulating, FACAMP students had the wish to host their own model, and that is how FAMUN was born, presenting innovative propositions, such as:
FAMUN 2014 aims to give continuity to the seriousness and excellence demonstrated in its first edition. Taking part of FAMUN 2014 will definitely be an enriching and unforgettable experience. Welcome you all!
- Participation of High School and College students;
- Simulations performed in three languages: Portuguese, English and Spanish;
- Study Guides advised by specialized Professors from FACAMP;
- Committees in which High School and College students simulate the same topics, fostering in High School students an intense learning experience, putting them in contact with the academic area and with College students.
- In 2014, there will be a College committee devoted to the judicial area, in order to diversify the topics discussed during the conference.