Aiming to stimulate a high-quality debate, previous research and preparation, and to acknowledge the involvement of participants, FACAMP Model United Nations (FAMUN) will grant awards to delegates and delegations that contribute positively to the Conference.
These awards do have the intention of creating a competitive environment or enhancing rivalry among delegates. On the contrary, awards intend to acknowledge team work and the respect to the other participants, the diplomatic decorum and the proper use of the rules of procedure.
Awards will be granted by the Directors of each Committee, according to the following principles:
- - Knowledge of foreign policy/doctrine, expressed through both Position Paper and - Diplomatic behavior during the conference;
- - Presence in all sessions;
- - Previous research and preparation;
- - Speaking, arguing and negotiation skills;
- - Constructive participation during debates of all Committees’ sessions;
- - Critical thought;
- - Involvement in group activities/ team work;
- - Respect to diplomatic environment and to the rules of procedure;
- - Participation in cultural events.
The following types of awards will be granted in each Committee:
There will also be a Best Delegation Award and a Special Award to the Delegation that stands out during cultural events.
- - Best Delegate Award
- - Outstanding Delegate Award
- - Honorable Mention Award